(1) Licence to use website
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You must not:
- (a) republish material from this website (including republication on another website)
- (b) sell, rent or sub-license material from the website
- (c) show any material from the website in public
- (d) reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose
(2) Acceptable use
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent.
(3) Limited warranties
We do not warrant the completeness or accuracy of the information published on this website; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up-to-date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to this website and the use of this website (including, without limitation, any warranties implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and/or the use of reasonable care and skill).
(4) Limitations of liability
- (a) to the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free-of-charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature
- (b) we will not be liable for any consequential, indirect or special loss or damage
- (c) we will not be liable for any loss of profit, income, revenue, anticipated savings, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, data, or information
- (d) we will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control
(10) Exclusion of third party rights
(11) Entire agreement
(12) Law and jurisdiction
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(1) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- (a) any information that you choose to send to us, for instance when you email us or contact us using our online form.
- (b) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views)
- (c) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- (d) information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us
- (e) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. They provide a kind of short term memory for a website and are generally benign and not something to worry about.
We may use ‘session’ cookies and ‘persistent’ cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you visit again.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Some cookies will be ‘first-party’, in that they are ones which we control and set ourselves. Other cookies will be ‘third-party’, in that they are set by tools provided by others which are used as additions to our site.
Opting out of Cookies
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking ‘Tools’, ‘Internet Options’, ‘Privacy’, and selecting ‘Block all cookies’ using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
(3) Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- (a) administer the website
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website
- (d) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- (e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- (f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- (g) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- (h) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- (i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- (j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
(5) Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(6) Policy amendments
(7) Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
(8) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
(9) Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.